Not to be outdone by the President, I too can report on my last 100 days. Not that I have a fancy title, or office for that matter, but I do have an important job: to take care of this achey, breaky bod which has seen more than its fair share of health problems in the last 21 years. As I previously mentioned, if this were a paying job, I would be earning an impressive $105,120.00 USD per year.
Here are some of the highlights of my last 100 days:
- Allowed my dog Brunswick to convince me that he needed doggie companionship and adopted Theodor, a stray brown terrier mix puppy, in need of a good, loving home.
- With the help of my hubby, enrolled and attended Puppy Training at Petsmart with Theodor. (Graduation is May 6th!)
- Endured a 90 minute MRI to learn that I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, a compression of the nerves and blood vessels between the clavicle and first rib which causes chronic pain and headaches.
- Spoke up when the physical therapist I was initially assigned to was hurting more then helping and got reassigned to a physical therapist who helps more than hurts me.
- Tried to attend an 8 session physical therapy seminar on pain management. Although it was too much for me, I am glad that I tried and thankful that the instructor saw me struggling, suggested I stop coming and refunded my money.
- Survived my first Winter in a very long time without getting seriously ill from a cold or flu due to a treatment initiated a year ago to help me get more deep sleep. The down side is that this medication is negatively affecting my blood sugar and weight.
- Reconnected with one of my best friends from high school via Classmates.com and Facebook. :-)
- Got the income taxes completed with copious amounts of help from TurboTax.
- Read the entire Twilight saga in two weeks.
- Turned the dial down on my spending habits to LESS.
- Put my foot down and insisted that my medical providers start billing Medicare because it will reimburse the co-pay from my PPO insurance.
- Started thinking about more ways we can conserve energy and water at home, like a solar power system on the roof and drought tolerant landscaping in the garden. Got some good ideas at the Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase event.
- Started planning and ordering seeds for my summer vegetable container garden.
- Learned to play Caribbean Stud, Texas Hold'em and 3 Card Poker, thanks to my hubby, the dealer and home casino enthusiast.
- Rediscovered the joys of my Tassimo machine.
- Started making distilled water at home with my Waterwise Countertop Distiller. A home distiller means no more plastic water bottles to recycle and no more heavy bottle of water to lug home from the store.
- Contemplated what it means to "Enjoy my pain." and "Love my body."