So after last week's crazy--dealing with a cold and then finding myself behind on doing everything--this week I seem to be starting in a better place.
I got my Hallmark ornament shopping/collecting done (thanks to help from eBay and my mother-in-law), went grocery shopping (in the rain), got all my gifts (thanks in part to Amazon.com) and even picked up little Theodor's doggy car sickness medication (also in the rain.)
This week, it's baking, cooking and figuring out what to do with 10 pounds of ham...
Oh yeah, and staying inside most of the time, because it's going to be raining, non-stop, for at least five days in a row.
But I digress...
So now that I am done panicking about being behind and worrying about the rain, I plan to move on to celebrating the holiday season this week. That means getting focused on the things I can and like doing this time of year. Time for fibro-friendly things like:
- baking fruit cake in my crock pot slow cooker and holiday cookies using time-saving shortcuts
- watching Rankin/Bass holiday specials from my childhood
- relaxing and watching the Christmas lights sparkle and dance
- drinking warm beverages, like hot cocoa and holiday spice tea
- listening to Christmas carols and songs, like my favorite album A Christmas Together by John Denver and The Muppets
- driving around the neighborhood viewing holiday decorations
So now I am wondering what your favorite, fibro-friendly holiday activities are. Leave a comment here or head over to the Oh My Aches and Pains! Facebook page and share your answer to this week's question.