I was inspired to put together these three pieces by a friend who does this very thing on a daily basis. I know she does it to inspire other people, so I in turn am doing the same to inspire you. Now I think these are some pretty good examples of pearls of wisdom and I've paired these gems with a picture of Sophia, the Greek embodiment of wisdom.
There are four things in life that you cannot recover:
- A stone after it has been thrown.
- A word after it has been spoken
- An opportunity after it has been missed.
- Time after it has passed.
Ten Truths to Live By
1. Trust your gut. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t…
2. Keep your hands clean. Take this both literally and figuratively and it will save you from a lot of regrets later.
3. Don't let your possessions own you. After all, they are just things.
4. Remember your manners. Being polite doesn’t cost a thing, but it speaks volumes about who you are.
5. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Remember that we all need somebody. None of us achieves anything without the help from others.
6. Cherish your relationships. The investments you make in other people will pay huge dividends all your life.
7. Keep the little kid inside you alive. Play fuels your imagination and creative energies.
8. Be grateful. Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; it brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you
9. Believe in yourself. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, you'll see that you are only person in the world who can truly hold yourself back in life.
10. Always remember that someone loves you. After all, it's love that makes the world go 'round.
What I Have Learned:
- A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- Being kind is more important than being right.
- If I don't have the strength to help someone, I can always pray for them.
- A grouch is someone waiting to be loved and appreciated.
- Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
- Everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- It's the small things that make life so wonderful.
- Love heals all wounds.
- Don't be so focused on the destination that you forget to appreciate the journey.
- When you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- I will keep my words both soft and tender in case I need to eat them tomorrow.
- Life is tough, but I'm tougher.
- I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
- We should be glad the Universe doesn't always give us everything we ask for.
- The most beautiful people in the world are those who have found their way through defeat, suffering, struggle and loss.