If you read my post Building the Perfect Doctor, you know that:
- With regarding to my chronic pain and fibromyalgia, I have not found my Doctor Right yet and
- while I have several Good Enough Doctors cobbling together a chronic pain and fibromyalgia treatment plan of sorts, all those doctors put together do not equal a Doctor Right.
- An appreciation that medicine is an applied science AND art.
- An acknowledgment that for treatment to successful, a doctor needs to look at a patient from a biopsychosocial perspective and prescribe treatments that build upon a patient's strengths.
- A commitment to using medicine as both a way to cure disease AND relieve suffering.
- A passion for caring for patients that is unaffected by the stress of the job or the difficulties of the medical system.
- A way of viewing medical problems as challenges and opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- An attitude of persistence: continually striving to understand patients' medical problems, sticking by them even when the course of treatment is unclear and never giving up on a patient.
- A plan of attack that recognizes that sometimes simple is the best approach to problem-solving.
Have you found your Doctor Right? Do you think having a Good Enough Doctor is enough? Did I leave something off my list that you would include? Is there something on my list that you would delete?
Please share, either here or at the Oh My Aches and Pains! Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OhMyAchesandPains.