I don't know about you, but I have been really enjoying the Invisible Illness Week Conference sessions over at Blog Talk Radio. Plus the great thing is that the sessions are archived so you can listen to them any time you want. In fact, listening to the ones you missed this past week might be a great weekend project:
- Living with Chronic Illness: Why It Hurts, How to Cope
- Relationships When You Live with a Chronic Illness
- 2 Mini Sessions: Getting Organized and Time Management When You Have Chronic Illness & Parenting with Chronic Illness
- 2 Mini Sessions: Living with Invisible Illness & Girl Talk: How Connecting with Others Helps Us All
- Illness and Work, Career, and Starting Your Own Business
Another idea for a weekend project comes from Leslie over at Getting Closer to Myself and all you need is a paper bag and some crayons or markers. Inspired by the work of Saul Steinberg, Leslie and her friend Maria of My Life Works Today are encouraging us to create a mask that unmasks our invisible illnesses. Once completed, they want us to post pictures of our masks on our blogs and/or submit a picture to them for their project.
You can read more about this project and see pictures of Leslie's masterpiece by reading her post Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2010.
This has been a busy and rough week for me, so despite my best intentions I'm still working on my paper bag creation. I hope to have it completed by Monday and I will post pictures of it then.
So those are my suggestions for some projects for the weekend that will help nourish your soul and support you in your quest to learn how to live your best life despite chronic illness. Have a great weekend!